Community Volunteer Income Tax Program is Now Open
The Community Volunteer Income Tax (CVIT) Program is a program of United Way Sudbury and Nipissing Districts in partnership with the Canada Revenue Agency. It is supported by a number of volunteers who prepare income tax returns for qualifying families and individuals. The program is held at the United Way office as well as at offsite locations such as in public libraries and senior homes.
We would like to extend our most sincere thanks to the volunteers who help to make this program such a success! Without their commitment and hard work, thousands of individuals would not receive this vital service at no cost.
CVIT runs from March 1 to April 30.
- United Way has been involved in the CVIT Program since 1997
- From 2009 to 2011 - 9289 clients were served
- Over 30 volunteers annually assist this program
- Volunteers visited 4 seniors' homes to complete tax returns
- Saturday clinics were held at 4 librairies throughout the City of Greater Sudbury
- There were 37 volunteers from United Way and several from the Canada Revenue Agency
- Number of returns for 2012:
- United Way volunteers - offsite: 307
- Canada Revenue Agency volunteers - offsite: 373
The value for last year's program is $168,000.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
Return to previous page